Every summer is supposed to be a chance to challenge yourself, relax, have fun, and discover a new adventure. So far....My summer has been all of the above. But most of all, it's been a summer of dreaming. It's very common to day dream and dream about what your life will be in the future, or what will happen. Sometimes, I have day dreamed to distract myself from troubles happening on in my life. It's funny that sometimes my thoughts are found to be far from reality.
I have had a long list of things I was going to do this summer: lose 20 lbs, get a job, get a permit, find more of myself, get over a lost love, and have stress free fun...
Sadly only 10% has been completed. The longer I remain single, the more I have been finding myself. I can tell you that when your single and alone, it really gives you time to think. I struggle sometimes, but so far...I am getting to like myself.
The trouble I have had over the years is that I never took time to get to know myself, I always FELT like I had to have a guy. It wasn't until my one year rollar coaster...That I found myself officially lost in chaos. Being with the wrong person can really blind someone from the treasures that are there for you...
It's been almost 8 months since the the break up. I have certainly gotten stronger. It's sad to think that that break up actually saved me from myself. Well I guess it just goes to show that sometimes pain...is well necessary to find the good things.
The summer is half over and I guess I can say one good thing has happened so far during this summer...I found someone that I didn't know existed. Nevertheless, the journey has only begun.
No comments:
Post a Comment